GPS Tracking for Dummies - Quick Guide to Setup your own Open Source GPS Server, Android and iOS Clients & Tracking Apps
If you are a business owner trying to track your assets or if you are a business owner who is trying to track your employees or maybe you are a technical person who wishes to start your GPS server as a service and provide this service to your customers this course is for you.
These are the topics that we are going to cover in this course.
· In the first session, we will be covering the concepts and the theory regarding how the GPS system works. How the clients can get the GPS signal from the satellite and how the satellites can track the exact position of the client and in the next session we will have our VPS server, our Ubuntu VPS server installed in Amazon Web Service (AWS) ec2 instance. We will also configure the instance to open some port, through which our client devices can communicate with the server, send the server the co-ordinates and all.
· And after setting up the VPS server we will be installing Traccar, which is a completely open-source GPS server which is based on Java, and we will be installing it and configure the options inside our server.
· And in the next session, I will install this client application inside one of my Android devices. And I will take a walk around my house so that you can see the co-ordinate (device) moving in the screen in real-time.
· And in the coming sessions, we will be configuring the management interface for Android as well as iOS devices. And also we will have a thorough look at the management interface and the various options it has in the web interface also.
· And in the final session, I will explain to you the different components that a commercially available GPS module have, which can be fitted into your car or any commercial vehicles.
I am sure that by the end of this course, you will feel a pride of accomplishment when you see your devices, your client devices moving across the screen in the map.
And by the end of this course, we will be provided with an experience certificate which will prove a very high value for your career if you are dealing with location-based applications.