E-learning- rising above the traditional ways of learning
- SkillRary SR
- May 30, 2019
- 0 comment(s)
- 918 Views
E-learning- rising above the traditional ways of learning at your fingertips!
Access to online learning resource has triggered in the classroom. E-learning has become an invaluable resource to educators and classroom teachers, harnessing a new model of knowledge sharing wherein students possess the tools to learn at their own pace. This student-focused approach is unique in that students can now share in their educational direction, maximizing both teaching resources and time.
The pros of E-learning are:
1. Online learning accommodates everyone’s needs: The online method of learning is best suited for everyone. This digital revolution has led to remarkable changes in how the content is accessed, consumed, discussed and shared. Online education courses can be taken up by office goers and home-makers too, at the time that suits them. Depending on their availability and comfort, many people choose to learn at weekends or evenings.
Lectures can be taken any number of times: Unlike classroom teaching, with online learning, you can access the content an unlimited number of times. This is especially required at the times of revision when preparing for an exam. In the traditional form of learning, if you cannot attend the lecture, then you have to prepare for that topic on your own; in E-learning, you can attend the lectures whenever you want with ease.
3. Offers access to updated content: A prime benefit of learning online is that you are in synchronization with modern learners. This enables the learner to access updated content they want it.
Quick delivery of lessons: E-learning is a way to provide quick delivery of lessons. As compared to traditional classroom teaching method, this mode has relatively quick delivery cycles. There are some of the reasons why the learning time is reduced by E-learning.
· Lessons starts quickly and also wrapped in a single learning session. This enables training programs to easily roll out within a few weeks, or sometimes even days.
· Learners can define their own speed of learning instead of following the whole group.
· Saves time as a student does not have to travel to the training venue. You can learn at the comfort of your own place.
· Students can choose to study specific and relevant areas of the learning material without focusing on each and every area. For example, they can skip a certain area they do not want to learn.
5. Consistency: eLearning enables educators to get a higher degree of coverage to communicate the messages in a consistent way for their target audience. This ensures that all learners receive the same type of training with this learning mode.
Reduced costs: Online learning reduces the cost as compared to traditional forms of learning. The reason for this cost reduction is because e-learning is quick and easy. A lot of time is reduced with respect to trainers, travel, course materials, and accommodation.
Effectiveness: E-Learning has a positive influence on an organization’s profitability. The content can be reviewed multiple times, hence helps in retaining information for a longer time. It results in improved scores on certifications, assessments or other types of evaluation.
The focus of Education Technology: Putting student first- The biggest benefit of e-learning opportunities is that teachers are able to focus their energies on pedagogical function. The ability of teachers to automate marking digitally issues to test and track student progress with reporting tool analysis makes the education landscape a more accommodating and innovative industry that puts students first.
Online learning isn’t just capable of empowering students to progress beyond the course expectations, it also encourages them to explore and learn ahead of the curriculum in a way that makes learning function, relevant to today’s growing inclusion of technology.